Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Walkin' On Sunshine! July 5, 08


Believe it or not I was OK with my husband jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.  I gave it to him for his 40th birthday in Jan.  We arrived in Omro, WI Saturday afternoon... and then I started to re-think things.  Too late now. 

"Wait!  One more kiss!"  I tell him...  A little panic starts to creep over me.  "Wait!  What about our bank accounts!  I can't remember the passwords!"  I holler this to him as he's walking away. He turns back & smiles.  I think to myself, 'Oh grief... he's really gonna do it.' 

Take off!  After climbing 10,500 feet... he JUMPED!  A free-fall of 5,000 ft (1 mile), 125 mph in 35 sec.  I think I was holding my breath that whole time.  Once the chute was open 2 little tears rolled over my cheeks.  He LOVED every split second of it!Kevin's finally able to check SKYDIVING off his Life List!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow--you are a nice wife. I don't think I would ever let Toby do that--not like he wants to either. That is an awesome experience and I glad everything went well. Too scary for me!!!

Jill said...

Go Kevin.. you are the man! I asked Grant if he would ever jump from a plane, he said... "No" Because one error and your dead. If he crashes on a snow mobile or something it is not death. Kevin is brave. What a great wife you are. Thanks for updating your life.

Jen Shumway said...

What a fun wife you are.I could never do that I am afraid of heights. Good for him.

Jen said...

Yea for Kevin! I cant imagine skydiving...it makes me sick just thinking about it! That was a very nice gift, I'm glad to hear he went through with it.

Jill said...

Today I can see all the pictures. The kiss is so funny. You are hanging on to the very last minute. I can see the passion in your grip on his arm. You make me laugh. He is just grinning in the airplane. Not nervous just excited.