
OK everybody, I am hijacking the blog. Stacy thinks I am chaperoning the school ski club but really I am in my secret remote office blogging for the very first time.
This week I learned something new about my amazing wife. We have been married almost 18 years and I just learned she has never been awarded a trophy in her life. As I thought about all the things she does for me and our family, I thought it would only be fitting to recognize her for the unique and amazing ability she has as a mother and wife. In my opinion, she is in a category set apart from other women. To prove her abilities and provide evidence to the rest of the world that I am not saying this just because she is my wife, I decided there should be a competition. This way she can compete and earn the gold medal and a trophy. You will see she is a WINNER. Therefore, let it be known there is a new standard……….
Iron"mom" Competition Qualifiers
- Run a minimum of 28, 287.5 miles (kids and errands: 5 miles/day x 365 days x 15.5 years
- Climb Mount Washmore 3 times per week. Average elevation: 10,000 pieces of laundry.
- Carry the equivalent of a large watermelon on your stomach, 24 hours a day for 36 months.
- Survive 46 hours of hard labor.
- Survive a broken ankle, torn achilles tendon, pulled hamstring, several broken toes, thumb virus, and other various bruises.
- Administer to broken fingers, broken shoulders, shovels in the eye, stitches, missing teeth, kids dropped on their heads and dislocated shoulders.
- Deal with flat tires, lost keys, locked out cars, totaled trucks and baby sitters nearly starting the house on fire, all without losing your beauty and composure.
- Clean countless bottoms, vomit, and garbage all without throwing up yourself.
- Have intuition and knowledge equivalent to a PHD child psychologist.
- Deal with screaming toddlers in a public place with at least 4-5 other people looking on.
- Curl four heads of hair, dress four children attractively, do your own hair and makeup and still make it to church by 9:30 AM.
- Wash dishes, cook food, buy clothes, save money, buy groceries, mop floors, vacuum carpets, work hard, laugh often, and smile every day.
- Love teenagers.
- Serve others even when it is inconvenient.
- Have the patience of Job.
- Turn a house into a home.
- Have a personal relationship with our Father in Heaven and the Savior.
- Grow more gracious and attractive every day.
I love her and on this Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2009, Stacy Summers shall be awarded this trophy as a witness to all the world she is the world champion
IRON"MOM"
Love always,
Kevin
4 comments:
What a nice post, Kevin. Wish you guys lived closer--we would love to hang out with you guys. Man, almost 18 years you've been married! You guys must be getting old--but you haven't even changed a bit since you were newlyweds. Miss you.
Kevin...that is so sweet! Stacy is an awesome, amazing, and beautiful woman and we are all lucky to know her. She definately deserves that trophy!
Stacy is a "Super Mom" for sure. You forgot a few things though...
1. She makes health and exercise a priority! She is in better shape in her late 30's than she was in her 20's. Whatever Stacy works for she excells in.
2. She has worked so hard to become a yamaha teacher. She is the best teacher they have and the influence she has on all the kids is amazing. Everyone loves her.
3. She is the best friend a girl could ask for.
4. Last but not least she is the best primary president. She works hard at being prepared and bring the spirit to the children.
You have an amazing wife that excells at her job! Miss you guys.
4
Oh! That is so sweet! I agree, Stacy really does deserve a trophy...and a really great back rub.
Post a Comment