Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Wolf, A Lemon Cow & Elvis!

One last float down the Wolf River.  I could have sworn the tube I was given belonged to a tractor tire (not seen in the photo, because I could barely pick it up).  I am not a fan of the cold! COLD water ahead was all I could think as we approached the edge.  As I stepped up, Gracie turned to the fishermen sitting on the bank & announced...


We floated about 2 hours and saw many turtles sunning themselves on large rocks.  Rocks that my monster tube kept getting hung up on.  And they were big turtles.  I can't say I've ever been so jealous of a turtle... hangin' on a hot rock letting the sun sear my outer shell.  Oh couldn't I just stop awhile and rest with the turtles?  With each one we passed I watched & stared until it either slipped into the water or was gone from my view. 

Afterwards I remembered seeing a quaint little drive-up 50's diner. "Charlie's Drive-In" Hundreds of bubbles were blowing from a big bubble machine up under the roof with the oldies playing through the speakers and Elivis taking our orders.  Not even knowing what it was, I'd been waiting 2 months to order a 'Lemon Cow'.  It's all in a name!  It was heaven in a styro-foam cup! Lemonade & vanilla icecream swirled together to make the ultimate refreshment!  

Elvis himself taking an order from the car in front of us... apparently he really did leave the building. 

3 comments:

Jill said...

What an adventure! Turtles, cold water, rapids, elvis impersonator and a lemon cow!!! Summer it is the BEST

Dino said...

I really like your blog. I have not visited before to take some time and really look @ it. You guys have kept busy this summer. I hope things slow down for you all but then again dose it ever seem to slow down. stay in touch love ya, The Summers in Ohio.(we rock)

Jen Shumway said...

Love your new picture of your family. You are all beautiful