"Always be kind to animals,
Morning, noon and night:
For animals have feelings too,
And furthermore, they bite!"
~John Gardner
I have to be honest, that although it was exciting to feed the giraffes, yes giraffes not cute little baby goats, I was nervous!!!
"Whoa - Gracie! I think your finger is up the giraffes nose!"
They seemed awfully hungry! Of course, you have to pay for those wafer crackers... so I was convinced the zoo staff was keeping those giraffes just a little famished to help boost their income on the side. My eyes kept darting from the large slobbery mouth to the zoo attendant... thinking, 'Are you sure this is OK!' He seemed completely non-complacent... I quickly looked back at the girls...
"Yikes! Girls!! Watch out for the PURPLE tongue!" They didn't seem to mind OR hear me!
2 comments:
What a day! Giraffe's eating out of their hands! YIKES. The weather looks so beautiful as to all the green trees and grass.
You are so kind to take all the children on such a fun outing! Looks like a great time. I'm sure the Tibbets really appreciated it!!
Post a Comment