It's that time again! The strawberries are beautiful, juicy & so big! One of God's greatest in vast fields, just waiting for us. $1.10 lb U-pick said the handwritten cardboard sign at Cuffs Family Farms in Hortonville (I know... couldn't it be a more quaint name). And pick is what we did, 35 lbs. worth...only after our ride on the wagon to the field (the best part)... besides eating the strawberries right off the vine... (yes it's allowed). The little girls and I filled our 3 weather-worn trays with the help of our friends the Watkins. As we were leaving I turned back to look, soak it all in and the Beatles start singing in my mind... it happens every year. 'Strawberry Fields Forever' and wished there were a Primary song about strawberries instead. It just seemed more fitting. I'm just always so appreciative of those little red nuggets of sweet! Ah, a thought, perhaps I'll just write my own tune.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Strawberry Fields Forever
It's that time again! The strawberries are beautiful, juicy & so big! One of God's greatest in vast fields, just waiting for us. $1.10 lb U-pick said the handwritten cardboard sign at Cuffs Family Farms in Hortonville (I know... couldn't it be a more quaint name). And pick is what we did, 35 lbs. worth...only after our ride on the wagon to the field (the best part)... besides eating the strawberries right off the vine... (yes it's allowed). The little girls and I filled our 3 weather-worn trays with the help of our friends the Watkins. As we were leaving I turned back to look, soak it all in and the Beatles start singing in my mind... it happens every year. 'Strawberry Fields Forever' and wished there were a Primary song about strawberries instead. It just seemed more fitting. I'm just always so appreciative of those little red nuggets of sweet! Ah, a thought, perhaps I'll just write my own tune.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had a sign of sadness. Last year I was there sweating from the humidity and eating strawberries from the vine! I hope this is a summers family tradition. What a memory for us to pick ripe strawberry in WI. I read your comment about the tubing and the horror on our faces! It was true I was scared silly when we went flying into the air. I laughed at our faces too. Miss ya.
Post a Comment