Monday, June 23, 2008
The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion
Square Foot Gardening! We have a total of 8 boxes. Our tender little seedlings have been transplanted and are growing strong! We planted lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, spinach, carrots, lots of tomatoes & peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, eggplant, yellow squash, butternut (my favorite) & green squash, beans, peas, cilantro, dill, basil, oregano, thymne, chives, rosemary and sage because I love cooking with fresh herbs. Kevin built the boxes & then ran soaker hose on top with a timer. So I don't have to worry much about them. We barely have to water anyway. It rains so much here. The raspberries are coming back full force this year as well, maybe enough to make some freezer jam! 


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your blog! Your garden is truly inspiring. We had a good laugh at some of the things you say 2008. Alayna has experienced Kevins comment about 'like' firsthand!
I love the music the beegee's it reminds me of you! I miss ya.
Maybe I don't like the music people put on the blogs. I love the beegee's
Post a Comment