Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Moving Day!

Loading the POD onto the flatbed truck made it all
too real. We were really leaving WI after 15 years.
Kev and I stood across the street and watched them
take the majority of our belongings and there was
no holding back the tears.
Illinois was about to become our new home.
I never would have guessed our next move would have
been within the Midwest states.
Heavenly Father has a plan for us all.

We sold our home in just 12 weeks.
We had about 25 showings.
We rented two PODS and a large moving truck which Kev drove to IL.
Grandma Bev drove the Enclave, Grandpa Norm drove Kev's truck and I
drove the minivan.
Although it was only a 3 1/2 hour drive it took us over 5 hours.
I was exhausted.
My dad followed behind me in the caravan to IL.
He had me pull over and rest.
Apparently my driving was
showing the sleep deprivation.
It was a whirlwind week.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I will miss this house. I loved visiting you and sleeping in the guest room with my welcome basket of fruit and chocolate. What a great hostess you are.