We've all heard this a million times by our young ones..."All by myself."
Gracie stormed in the house & announced,
"I don't like being the youngest! I want to be the oldest!"
"How about Wednesday?" I quickly said.
"When is that?" she asked.
"In two days." I replied very nonchalantly.
So Wednesday came & Gracie was ready!
All was going well until about 10:00 a.m. then she changed her mind.
"I don't want to be the oldest anymore! Please, please let me be the youngest?"
"Awe, you must be waiting to jump on the tramp because being the oldest you have to wait for the youngest to jump first. Is that why?"
"Ummm, yeeess."
"I see. So you want to forever and always be the youngest of the Summers household once again never to return to the oldest sibling status?"
"I guess so."
"Ok, its a done deal. You are now once again & officially the youngest."
"Thank you! Can I go jump now?!"
So it's not all its cracked up to be.
Just like Millie realizing that driving a car comes with a price!
Like a job. Insurance costs. Gas money.
Can't we just stay young forever & experience a little autonomy with frosting & sprinkles & decorate our own cupcakes.
So the frosting is everywhere, the sprinkles are spilled on the floor, but hey, that's ok.
Happy Independence Day everybody
whatever that might be!
2 comments:
Those cupcakes are amazing! I bet they taste as good as they look!
What a fun activity. Lots of great decorations, and you said you don't bake! We are home from a great trip! It was perfect! Now back to the daily grind and the HEAT! I would love to talk someday. Call me!
Post a Comment