Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Door County Part 1- A Lighthouse







Sherwood Point Lighthouse
(Before we left for our Day Trip I reasearched this particular site. Once we were there it was quiet and no tours until May. So I proceeded to tell the story myself.)

This really is a story of romance. A story of a young girl who lived in NY in the late 1800's. Her parents died and she was sent to visit her Aunt & Uncle who were Lighthouse Keepers in WI. She ultimatley fell in love. In love with the a Great Lake, the Lighthouse and a young man from town. They married and became the Lighthouse Keepers of Sherwood Point for many years. We found her marker, Winnie was her name, near the top of the wooden stairs that led to the water. At the end of the day the girls said this was their favorite part of the day together.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Toby and I went to Door County for our 10 year anniversary. We loved it and had a great time. We did the 10 mile bike ride through Penninsula State park. I wrecked on my bike and got hurt pretty bad and had 3 miles more to go. That ruined the whole rest of the trip. I have huge scars to remember it by Ü.

Jill said...

I love the picture of you resting on Kevin's lap. That is a classic. It made me chuckle. Your hair is getting so long! Wow! Did you decide to let it grow? It looked like an absolutely gorgeous weekend!